Antelope Veterinary Hospital will remain open for normal business hours with a change in protocol as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve.
At this time, we are transitioning to curbside Veterinary service ONLY. This means that your pet will be collected by a staff member from your vehicle in the parking lot and brought inside for examination and treatment.
No clients will be allowed inside the hospital at this time, to facilitate appropriate social distancing. If you or someone in your home is ill, please reschedule your appointment.
These steps are necessary to keep you, our staff and animals safe while continuing to provide critical patient care.
All prescription requests, including Heartworm Prevention and Flea Control will need to be pre-ordered and pre-paid by telephone 24 hours in advance of pick up. When you arrive, we will bring your prescription(s) out to your vehicle.
When you arrive for your pre-scheduled appointment, please follow the listed protocol:
1. Please park in front of the building.
2. Call the office at (530) 527-4522 and provide them with your name, your pet's name and a description of your vehicle.
3. Please remain in your vehicle with your animal. Again, clients will not be allowed in the building with their pet at this time, no exceptions.
4. Please have a cell phone available with you. All communications and transactions with our doctor and staff will be done via cell phone and electronic communication.
5. Please ensure that all dogs have a leash attached snugly to a fitted collar or harness and all cats MUST be inside a carrier.
6. PLEASE REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE FOR THE ENTIRETY OF YOUR VISIT.
7. To avoid contributing to the spread of COVID-19, all payments will be made over the phone via credit card at the end of your visit.
8. All patients must have proof of current Rabies vaccinations. We cannot exchange one public health risk for another. Please provide written proof at the time of your visit if we do not have proof on file here.
We live our values of family, integrity, respect and compassion. We can assure you that the entire AVH team is fully committed to safely caring for your beloved family members during this time.